Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Useful Feeds; Grazing through the Reads

Thing # 9



The easiest method was to create categories and add feeds that appeared useful.

My most favorite was the Google Reader; it's user friendly and visually uncomplicated.

The most confusing site was the Syndic8

One of my favorites appeared on The Cool Cat Teacher Blog; I think I may enjoy visiting this site again.
I'm not sure why I would use some these blogs. Are we saying that news is news not matter who publishes it? Have we been conditioned to think that the only news that is reliable is from the media? How do we sort what is news worthy and what isn't? How do we track reliable sources? This is all confusing.

1 comment:

bookeatersclub said...

No matter where the info comes from, we still must be cautious of its slant and validity. This is a difficult concept for students. They think that everything that they find on the internet is correct and valid.