Sunday, June 29, 2008

Making a Statement

Thing #12

This was an interesting assignment which took me to sites that I would not normally investigate. First of all I am learning more about blogging and all of the parts that make it more effective. I believe that etiquette is a very important part of the process. After reading many of the articles on what is the best and most effective ways to comment on blogs; I think that meaningful comments; of course, are the most effective, even though the word effective has to be defined for many. Courtesy is also very important to me; it does not matter that someone agrees only that they justify their comment/s. I enjoyed commenting on five blogs that were Library2play participants but it was such a random excercise that the next part of the assignment was more meaningful.

I found at least 4 blogs that drew my attention which made it much easier to add comments. Two of my comments were made on the issues of Violence on Televsion and the affects that it is having on our society. I am appauled at the quality of what is being presented to us on a daily basis and the severity of the violence.

I also added comments to issues on "Punishment fitting the crime". There were numerous blogs out on whether the punishment fit the crime. One in particular was about the jockey, Jeremy Rose who unintentionally hit his horse in the eye mistakeningly while trying to hit/whip in the shoulder area. Jeremy was suspended for 6 months; the horse was not permanently damaged and although this was not acceptable, mistakes happen. I could go on and on about punishment of celebrities vs the peasants but there is not enough time.

I can see how you can feel as though you are contributing in some way if you can find the proper avenues through blogging and commenting.

2 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

You have so much to share in such a pleasant manner, I'm sure other bloggers will apreciate your expertise and opinions of topics of great importance to you.

One Dimensional said...

Your encouragement is extremely appreciated as I continue on the uncertain path.