Friday, July 18, 2008

Challenges


Thing #23
This was rewarding experience on many levels. The learning curve was high but I enjoy challenges. One of the things that I will not allow to happen as long as I am in education is the will and motivation to stay current. I am aware that things move so fast that it is difficult to stay on top all of the time but I would like to be able to communicate effectively with students on their level and with the appropriate skills. This experience allowed me to at least be able to communicate on some level. Some of my favorite discoveries were: Delicious, Flickr, Googledocs, Photostory1 and web 2.0. Some of the exercises such as the Photo story allowed me to stretch. The most incredible thing was completing this activity without direct instuction but what I found to be a great aid was completing the activity with a partner. I would do this again but I really think that the time frame did not allow me to really research the topics in enough detail to feel a bit more competent. I am hoping to go back and stretch so that I am able to really implement some of these "things" This was probably the most relevent activity that I have completed in years.
Thank you

3 comments:

bookeatersclub said...

Congratulations, you did wonderful! Keep stretching...

VWB said...

I love the visual you included...at first glance it might be interpreted that you have been taken to the edge and you want to jump!...look at it again and you realize that ladybugs can fly! so all is well!
and it is just a plain nice image all in itself!
Gladd the adventure wasa god one for you!

Double Learner said...

You did a great job letting the pictures speak for each exercise. You are right...this was a RELEVANT exercise.