Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ITouch UTouch Thing #6



Thing #6
I have attempted to investigate Itouch devices and have had the opportunity to play on many of my friends iphones and students' ipad's and I must say it seems to be very intriguing, educational, practical, not quite sure if it's economical but these devices are valuable. If teachers are are provided tutorials or have the technological knowledge to operate these devices students will be able to gain loads of information while enjoying the journey. The amount of information that I have learned in the last few weeks has been invaluable. This is our future and if we are really interested in staying current and involving our kids in the process there is no question that we must change many of the ways that we engage students'. I intend to purchase an iphone in the next days because I am really excited in the applications that are available to me and those applications that will help student find the proper resources to make informed decisions. One of the websites that I found useful was the "makeuseof" site: http://www.makeuseof.com; I was able to find out how to download applications to Itouch, Iphones etc. There are two applications that I will use; the GPAMe application because it allows to students to monitor there assignments, grades and calculate there grade point averages. This application also provides information regarding all colleges in the US including SAT/ACT scores profiles of the universities and he websites; that is wonderful! I also like the Dexy application which helps kids with the organization of notes and retrieving notes without much difficulty. I have a lot of research to do regarding these devices and the process has just begun. I made use of the spell check before publishing this post; let's hope that I made good use of this application.

No comments: