Saturday, June 12, 2010

Perceptions Thing #2



Thing #2

Visuals, Images, creations, identity; all about individualizing projects. Students have the opportunity to create video's, Avatars with a voice, comment on Voice Thread, generate Wordles and Word sift. All of these projects have a certain impact on the audience and the creator. I enjoyed Wordle because the combination of specific words have a great impact in how I proceed each day. So, if I can visual the words and the feeling I am motivated to move forward. Glogster is a movitating tool; students are able to view information in a variety of venues and the impact of the video has alot to do with the interest of the student. The fact that there are so many to chose from helps the student find information that will help them to create the perfect project. The teacher tube was a great site to observe inforamtion in a variety of ways; I personally enjoyed "Did You Know", I think that was the title but in any event the video shared amazing information about about different countries and how they continue to populate, educate etc compared to USA. I also enjoyed Voice Thread because you are able to look at an image, write your perceptions and listen to the perceptions of those in the image. It could be a great tool in psychology and in undertanding behaviors and misconceptions. Overall this was a great lesson in generating images and how the images can be utilize in learning situations. The image that I have uploaded is from Joshua Franer's collection of photos during his visit to Ethiopia; I chose to indicate what we may perceive and what is actually happening or not happening in this country.

2 comments:

VWB said...

did you make samples of the things covered in Thing 2...you don't have to make them all, but some?


Please put the Thing #XX up in the title of your post along with any others words you want!

One Dimensional said...

I have included one of the several wordles that I created. It took some time to figure out how to acutally include the wordle on the blog.