Monday, June 21, 2010

Creating is possible? Thing # 4

#embed
Thing #4

So I created a video, though primitive, a video nonetheless. My interest has been peaked and I am interested in refining the skill. It was not difficult, the process was new to me so it was a bit time consuming. Can I do better? I sure hope so. I believe students are far more advanced but for those who are not, this will be a great starting point. I was able to create a video based on images I saved from the Flickr sharing site. The theme was based on the many goals students formulate during high school. I watched "How to upload a Video", Teacher Tube, UTube and the Animoto site which is where I created the video. I am hoping that I will be able to use a variety of the skills that I am learning in the coming year.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Animoto is definitely one of the easiest to use AND you get to listen to music. Since the videos are short that means kids have to focus on their content more.

Librarian Peggy said...

I'm having a hard time thinking of something creative to do with the 11.5 Things since school is out. I also want to be creative but careful about what I put out there online. Just remember you are almost there when you first try something out then it get easier...
I'm proud of you!

MJ said...

Remember, your librarian could be a starting point in using the technology with your class. Just remember, don't go in on the spot and expect things to be done for you -- collaborate w/your librarian to plan a meaningful lesson for the kids.

LJ Double Learner said...

I too hope to use these skills next year for my Class of 2013. It never hit me the amount of time students spend searching YouTube. Putting things on about the class would be good.